Home > Dead beat dad.....

Dead beat dad.....

July 15th, 2008 at 07:26 pm

Here I am running around on less that 1/4 tank of gas, I went to the dr. for a few medical issues (not too serious) I need a couple rx's, my son needs lunch money, I need gas money, money period. So I call my son's father. He just recently was given a 17k settlement for an auto accident. well he's never paid Child support as a responsible dependable father would, and now that he has extra money he is stringing me along, I asked him if he was going to make a $100 payment this week, as we had discussed that he would, and now he just has too many things to pay and maybe next week. I managed to beg $50 out of him, but uhhhhhhh...its so frustrating...he has the money and we need the money...

14 Responses to “Dead beat dad.....”

  1. cicy33 Says:

    take him to court. Recently one of my friends was arrested for not properly paying his child support until he could come up with the balance due.

  2. compulsive debtor Says:

    There are non-profit groups that will help you take the deadbeat to court so it won't cost you a dime. Check with your local social services department.

  3. creditcardfree Says:

    If he's behind on child support, you should be following up on this up.

    What other options do you have for cash? Anything you can return to a store? Turn in aluminum cans, cancel a subscription. Best wishes, as always!

  4. Peachez07 Says:

    Ok, girl take him to court immidiately!!!!!! Like now. Who cares if he has bills to pay, everyone does. In the first place he should of gotten you pregnant if he wasn't going to step up to be a responsible father. I hate men that think they can just go on with life cutting corners. You take him to court and make him pay you and your son every penny he owes and don't feel sorry for him, men like him deserve it!

  5. merch Says:

    I agree with everyone here. He's still controlling you by doling the money out on his terms. They aren't his terms. It's the court's terms. Take to court and garnish his wages.

    I agree with compulsive debtor, find some free legal services. Be strong!!!

  6. saj Says:

    well, he's going to deposit $45 today.

  7. JanH Says:

    Does he owe you more than that? You shouldn't have to beg for the money you are owed. You are taking care of his son. I agree with the suggestion that you look into some free services to get the money without so much stress for you. I'm glad he is depositing some of it today!

  8. sounderella Says:

    DH's sister just had her ex arrested for back child support. I really have no tolerance for that. I mean, if he can't give you a lump some, give little by little like what he's doing today. Or give a little and buy clothes or something....

  9. Lady T Says:

    Please don't let him to continue to get away with paying you a little bit here and a little bit there. He is obligated to pay support for his child, by law and by moral obligation (whether he feels like it or not). The same is expected of everyone else in his situation ... no more is being asked of him than of anyone else. Is he THAT special? Is he above the law? NO. Do you allow him to see your son ONLY whenever it suits you? My guess is no ... so he should not be allowed to pay child support ONLY whenever it suits him. Your son deserves no less than BOTH of his parents doing what they are supposed to do. You can do something about this, and I really hope you will.

  10. Nic Says:

    I have NO sympathy for dead beat dads or moms. Take the bum to court!!

  11. Broken Arrow Says:

    I absolutely agree to pursue child enforcement. If he's suppose to be paying and he doesn't, then don't be afraid to take him to court. Believe me, you'll find many sympathizers in the legal system.

  12. saj Says:

    well he has his own business doing tree trimming, private home roof repairs, remodeling, stuff like that, I don't know how he tracks his income since checks are made out to him and he does his own accounting. I could make more than him. I just don't know how the court will verify his income. Anyway, thanks for so much support guys!

  13. creditcardfree Says:

    Saj, don't worry about how the court will track his income. That is their job to worry about. Glad to hear you received a little money. You sure deserve more for your son.

  14. Addy'sMom Says:

    I am going through the EXACT THING. My ex is trying to tell the courts he is a stay at home dad which he isn't and in turn is trying to sway the courts that I should pay him support being I work, but he lives with his girlfriend who has been supporting him the last two years. The kicker in my story is that we were even together after our divorce had our daughter who will be three soon and carried on in the relationship the entire time he was living with the other woman. Yeah I know I was blinded and stupid but that is what happens when you love someone and believe they will change. So he was ordered to pay child support and still doesn't! We have a hearing in Jan this year and with God's Grace he will show the courts this man's true character and force him to go to work and that will solve my main issue of him having minimal time with our daughter. By the way, he has done the same thing to his first ex wife and their three boys. He owes her over $60,000 in back support. This guy is just a loser and uses woman for his benefit. He does not want to care for his children and provide for any of kids he justs wants to practice making kids!

Leave a Reply

(Note: If you were logged in, we could automatically fill in these fields for you.)
Will not be published.

* Please spell out the number 4.  [ Why? ]

vB Code: You can use these tags: [b] [i] [u] [url] [email]